Bowls AB’s Board has met a few times over the last couple of months and appointments have been made to committees. And these committees are actively planning for another full calendar of events:
- The Bowling Program Committee is in the final stages of approving the calendar.
- The Athlete Development Committee and Head Coach are confirming dates and a location for the AB BC Test Match and will make applications for the 2020 Development Squad available very soon.
- The Youth Committee has met and are making plans for some special events again as they work to support and to increase the number of youth across our province.
- BA is pleased to announce the appointment of a new provincial head umpire: Dwayne Hauck of Calgary. Dwayne comes with a wealth of experience having been an official for other sports, and having officiated at the highest levels of competition, the Commonwealth Games and Olympics. Plans for Umpire Courses are Edmonton and Medicine Hat are already in the works.
- The Finance Committee is busy reviewing policies and making recommendations.
- Calgary and Edmonton club meetings are planned for Feb. 15 and Feb. 10 respectfully.
And finally the date and location for the Spring Membership meeting is being confirmed and will be announced next week. Stay tuned and watch our Facebook page for further updates on all the work and plans. 2020 is going to be an exciting year!